2017 is finally here, and already we’re planning and scheming for the months ahead. However, we also wanted to stop to celebrate the incredible achievements of the past year.
In 2016, 50 nations hosted over 1,300 prayer rooms, enabling another year of non-stop, 24/7 prayer.
And this is only the tip of the prayer, mission and justice iceberg - here are 10 of our top 2016 moments...
1. Back in February, 24-7 Prayer Ireland launched 100 days of prayer for their nation, featuring some incredible prayer gatherings, meetings and a pretty cool prayer caravan…
2. In the spring, we joined Thy Kingdom Come - an incredible wave of prayer across England gathering in Cathedrals across the country which was so popular there are even bigger plans this year.
4. In June, we launched our first ever Crowdfunder campaign, successfully reaching our goal with the incredible support of over 250 people!
5. Over the summer we launched a brand new blog series on Adventuring - and learnt a few wise lessons on the way.
6. Then in September, we heard about an incredible new prayer space in a school in the Democratic Republic of Congo, proving that prayer rooms don’t have to be elaborate to be effective.
7. October was one of our busiest months to date, with the launch of Pete Greig’s new book, Dirty Glory, documenting 10 years of 24-7 Prayer through incredible stories.
8. Also in October, we gathered in Geneva for our European Conference and were inspired, encouraged and amazed by God’s presence through seminars, worship and some amazing talks.
9. In November, we launched The Vision Film online and watched Pete Greig’s Vision Poem spring to life in beautiful, high-definition form, reaching over 225,000 people in its first week. It’s still continuing to have a huge impact.
10. Then, just last month, we experimented with our Advent Podcasts, carving out a minute each day to stop, pause and Selah.
Of course, there are so many more and we could keep going. God has been so faithful and we’re so excited to see what the next year holds!
Join in and keep up to date with us this year: sign up to our weekly email, and receive the latest 24-7 updates to your inbox every Friday.
Catch us on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Youtube.